Planned Work for the B and Q Brighton Line
At Avenue U and Neck Rd Stations:
All Times effective 5 AM, Monday, January 18, 2010
• Brighton Beach/Coney Island-bound service has been restored.
B3K bus service no longer operates on weekday afternoons
• Manhattan-bound platforms are closed for rehabilitation.
All Manhattan bound service is on the express track from Sheepshead Bay to Kings Highway.
Here are Suggestions for service:
• Use the Sheepshead Bay or Kings Highway stations.
• Use the Avenue U station.
• To travel from Neck Rd or Avenue U, take a Brighton Beach or
Coney Island-bound train to Sheepshead Bay and transfer to a Manhattan-bound train.
• To travel to Neck Rd or Avenue U from Coney Island, West 8 St, Ocean Pkwy,
Brighton Beach, or Sheepshead Bay stations, take a Manhattan-bound train
to Kings Highway and transfer to a downtown B or Q train.
• The B3K bus will provide additional weekday morning service to/from the
Kings Highway station, running every 10 minutes from 5:50 AM to 9:10 AM.
Buses runs on Avenue U between Gerritsen Av and Ocean Av to/from the
Kings Highway station. Travel time is approximately 15 minutes in each direction.
Regular fare is charged for the B3K bus.