Tuesday, January 26, 2010
What is going on along the Brighton Line
These two routes are going through a major reconstruction along the Brighton Line. As a result, these changes are in effect:
Manhattan-bound platforms at Avenue U and Neck Rd stations are closed for rehabilitation
Until further notice
service is on the express track from Sheepshead Bay to Kings Hwy.
Suggestions for Alternate Service:
• Use the Sheepshead Bay or Kings Highway stations.
• Use the Avenue U station.
• To travel from Neck Rd or Avenue U, take a Brighton Beach or
Coney Island-bound train to Sheepshead Bay and transfer to a Manhattan-bound train.
• To travel to Neck Rd or Avenue U from Coney Island, West 8 St, Ocean Pkwy,
Brighton Beach, or Sheepshead Bay stations, take a Manhattan-bound train
to Kings Highway and transfer to a Brighton Beach-bound or Coney Island-bound train.
• The B3K bus provides additional weekday morning service to/from the
Kings Highway station, running every 10 minutes from 5:50 AM to 9:10 AM.
Buses runs on Avenue U between Gerritsen Av and Ocean Av to/from the
Kings Highway station. Travel time is approximately 15 minutes in each direction.
Regular fare is charged for the B3K bus.